The Thiagi Group Training Intelligence Podcast
- Episode 10: Shut Up and Build the Cards (duration: 00:52:14)
- We're back! Sorry for the long delay. Thiagi and Matt are both at fault, but ready to get back on the horse. Today, they talk about using special playing cards to explore and discuss various training topics. Published January 31, 2013.
- Episode 9: The Guy Wallace/ Thiagi Discussions, Pt. 2 (duration: 40:38)
- Here is the continued discussion between Thiagi and Guy Wallace. Enjoy. Published July 7, 2010.
- Episode 8: The Guy Wallace/ Thiagi Discussions, Pt. 1 (duration: 41:23)
- This is part 1 of a two part series where Thiagi and our friend, Guy Wallace dive deeply into a discussion about their different instructional design approaches. Guy, as many of you know, has been an instructional designer and performance improvement consultant nearly as long as Thiagi. They have known each other for decades and over the years have had many formal and informal dialogues about what they do differently, and what that they have learned from each other.
The idea for this series came from a session we did several years ago at ISPI in Dallas, where Thiagi and Guy did a session together debating style, substance, process, and results. Rather than a debate, however, the session turned into a masters’ class hosted by two of the greats. Our hope was to re-capture some of that here. Published July 7, 2010.
- Episode 7: 4 Door Model for eLearning (duration: 46:03)
- In this episode, Thiagi describes the 4 Door Model for eLearning-- his innovative approach for designing eLearning faster, cheaper, and better. He and Matt provide an overview, as well as several examples. Thiagi also shares how to apply the model using different types of platforms. And, Thiagi tells a joke-- we leave it to you to figure out where. Published May 28, 2010.
- Episode 6: Magic! (duration: 35:08)
- Thiagi and Matt discuss how to use magic tricks as an interactive strategy for training. Thiagi performs a trick on you, the listeners, and then demos one other. They talk about the difference in using tricks for educational purposes versus entertainment, and then identify the risks and pitfalls of their use. Published April 1, 2010.
- Episode 5: Rapid Instructional Design (duration: 35:54)
- In this episode, Thiagi explains Rapid Instructional Design (RID) and how it is a faster, cheaper, and better way to create and facilitate learning. He uses Matt as a faux client, role playing how he designs so quickly. He also answers many of the popular concerns surrounding RID. Published March 4, 2010.
- Episode 4: Who Is Thiagi? (duration: 35:54)
- In this special episode, Thiagi talks about how he became a trainer and instructional designer. He shares some anecdotes with Matt about moving to the United States from India and some perilous time in Africa. Learn how Thiagi created a whole class of car thieves during his first custom simulation, and find out why Thiagi is so passionate about what he does. Published March 3, 2010.
- Episode 3: Puzzles (duration: 29:24)
- In this episode, Thiagi explores different types of puzzles and how they can be used most effectively as learning tools. Published February 8, 2010.
- Episode 2: Debriefing (duration: 32:19)
- In this episode Thiagi and Matt review Thiagi's infamous 6-step debriefing process. Lots of examples and details for using the process properly. Feel free to email us with any debriefing questions. Published February 1, 2010.
- Episode 1: Jolts (duration: 32:18)
- Our inaugural podcast. Thiagi and Matt discuss using jolts—play, debrief, and creation. Published January 27, 2010.
The Thiagi Group Business Intelligence Podcast
Each month, Matt will have special guests from
various industries and markets to explore management and
- Episode 6: Phil Reynolds-- Sr. Consulting Partner of The Ken Blanchard Companies (duration: 26:21)
- Sr. Consulting Partner, Phil Reynolds, from The Ken Blanchard Companies joins us today to discuss a variety of leadership topics. Specifically, Phil shares with us Situational Self Leadership, one of the principle models taught and applied in his organization. He distinguishes SSL with another Blanchard staple, Situational Leadership II. He delves into the different programs they facilitate to support people becoming self leaders, including the new program, 21 Days to Becoming a Self Leader. Phil is also an executive coach and shares his approach. Published May 28, 2010.
- Episode 5: Tad Henderson-- Financial Acumen in the Sales Process (duration: 30:38)
- Today, we talk with Tad Henderson, President of LTP Sales about how a good understanding of finance can become a competitive advantage for sales professionals. Tad talks about the three financial markers that help close the sale. He also discusses how financial acumen fits into the overall sales process. And, finally, Tad explores the risks for not integrating a financial analysis into the process and the flip side of actually doing so. Published April 5, 2010.
- Episode 4: Rick Nelson- Recruiting and the Job Market (duration: 27:24)
- In our fourth episode, recruiting expert Rick Nelson joins Matt for a conversation about how the recession really affected the job markets (hint-- you already know the answer, but here are some details), the recovery and when it will hit employment, how companies look at prospective candidates, and how a candidate should approach getting a job. Published March 25, 2010.
- Episode 3: Laurie Orlov- Aging in Place and Why Businesses Should Care (duration: 25:34)
- In our third episode, Founder and Principle Analyst Laurie Orlov of the Aging in Place Watch is our guest. Laurie explains how we are approaching a $20 Billion market for products and services that help seniors stay in their homes as they age. She discusses why companies should pay attention to the risks of employees having to manage the impact of elder care. And, she highlights other aging issues beyond the technological that affect businesses. Published March 5, 2010.
- Episode 2: Guy Wallace (duration: 46:58)
- In our second episode, Matt interviews Guy Wallace, long-time performance consultant about work process analysis and process improvement. Guy walks Matt through a detailed explanation of his Curriculum Architecture Design (CAD) system. Published February 10, 2010.
- Episode 1: $6MM Game (duration: 36:31)
- In our first episode, Thiagi and Matt discuss the $6MM Game, a leadership program that has generated millions of dollars for our clients. Published December 29, 2009.
If you have any questions or feedback about the podcasts,
please email matthew
Copyright © 2013.
Workshops by Thiagi, Inc. All rights reserved
Revised: January 31, 2013